Selling - Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Your Company Work?
Our company is a full-service real estate brokerage that takes advantage of modern technology and selling tools to reach the most buyers and match them up to our listings, so we can sell your house faster and for more money.
Our brokers have real estate licenses in the state of Oregon and belong to the local Association of Realtors®(EAR), Oregon Association of Realtors®(OAR), and the National Association of Realtors®(NAR).
Our philosophy from day one has been to provide a cost saving solution to selling property. Essentially, we feel you should only pay for what you need.
How Much do You Charge?
To list a property, we charge a lower fee than most traditional brokerages - as low as $4,450, while still delivering expert services and results! That's right! We do everything and sometimes more than most traditional agents; just at a lower cost.
When Do You Collect the Listing Fee?
Listing fees are paid at closing. Only "A la Carte" services are paid at the time of service. (See "A la Carte Services")
How Do All the Fees Breakdown?
We charge as low as $4,450 to sell a property.
If the buyer is working with a buyer's agent, you are responsible to pay the agent 2.5%.
When a buyer is unrepresented, you don't pay for the buyer's agent commission. We will handle the entire transaction in-house. In that case, we charge as low as $8,900 since selling to an unrepresented buyer can sometimes be challenging. We fully represent you, the seller, and discuss with you in detail all the pros and cons of each offer that comes in before you accept any of them.
Why Do You Pay the Buyer's Agent?
In the United States, it has been standard practice that sellers pay real estate commissions to both their listing agent and a buyer agent. Since it has been done for so many years, the real estate commissions have essentially been folded into the prices of homes.
We agree that paying 2.5% of the ever increasing home prices has become a more and more controversial conversation.
It is important to note that the buyer's agent's role is to provide access to homes, act as the liaison between the seller, listing agent, lender, escrow officer, home inspector etc., and negotiate on the behalf of the buyer. Since the buyer does not pay (directly anyway; but indirectly they kind of do) for this service, most buyers engage a buyer's agent to buy a property.
So What Do You Do for Your Listing Fee?
Our company fully represents you every step of the way. To ensure the success of the sale, we tap into the most effective tools and services. Upfront we offer;
FREE, no obligation consultation with our listing broker who can meet at your property to discuss details about the listing process and potential listing price. We then hope you will list with us and we arrange the next steps:
- Provide House Preparation Tips
- Help Fill Out the Necessary Seller's Property Disclosure Statements
- Order and Pay for Professional Photography
- Prepare a Digital Marketing Plan, social media, online advertisement on all major real estate platforms.
- Complete an MLS Listing, we are members of RMLS and Southern Oregon MLS
- Install Yard Sign, Directionals and Lockbox
- Initiate Direct Mail Advertisement in Your Neighborhood
- Schedule Open House
- Register you for Weekly Emails with Online Marketing Statistics
- Continuously email you Showing Feedback from Fellow Agents
- Ongoing Support during the Selling Process
- Offer Negotiations and Consultation when Offers Come In
- Once an Offer is Accepted, We Arrange to Open Escrow and Title and Manage the Transaction
- We Communicate Closely with Lenders, Appraisers, Home Inspectors, and Buyer's Agents, and YOU.
- Upon Completion of the Sale, We Join You at the Escrow Company to Sign the Final Sale Documents
Our company prides itself in thinking "outside the box" and we strive to create win-win situations and long lasting relationships.
As mentioned above, we feel that we should only charge our clients for what they need. So if you have a specific request, don't hesitate to contact us to discuss how we can help.See our "A la Carte" page for more information about paperwork assistance, marketing, full representation without needing to list the property, etc.